Thursday 16 May 2013

The name is Bond...


Decades ago Shakespeare remarked what's in a name. Century later he has given a new zing to it, spicing it up and upped the coolness quotient perhaps answering Shakespeare back..'It's everything brother.' (Ok I took liberty. Hey that's what fans are for...)
Although people may revolt my choice and quip that I am not keeping my mind open but according to me the most suave and drool-worthy (ok that’s bit gay…I get it) Bond ever to grace the screen and MI-6. Yes I am talking about Pierce Brosnan, the most Bond-ish Bond ever to don the suit. He carried the character with oodles of character and came close the most to the real MI-6 agent on whom most of Ian Fleming’s stories are based. He celebrates his birthday today and boy he grows a charmer by a day, I must say.
Born on !6th May 1953 this actor producer and environmentalist has acted in several Bond movies like Live and Let Die, Die another day, and was applauded as the worthy successor of another Bond Roger Moore.
Beside he has also dazzled the screen with innumerable films like A Thomas Crown Affair, Mamma Mia and Mars Attack. He has his own video game and lent his voice in an episode of The Simpsons.
His latest feature appears to be alongside Morgan Freeman in Charlotte Doyle and he has been awarded honorary patronage in Dublin University.

 He was also heard commenting on his fellow Bond Daniel Craig, as he is reserving high hopes for Craig and  is indeed a good actor and a good Bond on screen (although I beg to differ, circumstantially)
But nevertheless this great man will live as Bond in millions of his fan’s hearts and how many number of films he might have done, he will always be the man who need no introduction.
He will always be the man with the introduction “The name’s Bond… James Bond”
Here’s kudos and a draping happy birthday to the super-agent of Silver screen. You will always be in my Golden-eye (It was his first Bond film by the way..)
Happy reading guys. Bye.
P.S. It caught my eye that most people couldn’t comment on the post because there was no space for it. Actually at the end there is a ‘no comments’ sign in case no comments have been made. Click it and the comment box will open. Do let me know your views. They are important. Bye.

No comments: