Wednesday 8 May 2013

Some thoughts...

Hello! everybody. As I woke up today I was thinking what to write, whether to share some trivia, discuss some of my interests or babble about myself. But as soon as my eyes fell on the morning newspaper something rather someone inside me urged me to voice the thoughts. The headline and the following news that caught my eyes were of a rally held by a certain political party (since when did I learn this diplomatic shit!), anyways, at a busy connector on a weekday evening protesting against or raising the voice for something may be. The fact that I pondered upon was that it was a complete choke-a-block on that busy street and commuters returning from office or daily business were totally on a standstill. And the sad news is it wasn't the first one and surely, going by the trend, not the last one. Although I am swear-by-the-jhandas apolitical, what irked me was the reluctance of the party, the local leaders or the police in acknowledging or addressing the issue that has tormented the common people who are the grass-root level of any society or the nation. The very people The Constitution refers to as for the people,for the people and by the people. Excuse any fault or fallacy of mine while I try to bring out the real motive of my article by quoting the great book(and I do hope I quoted it well). I just can't think up-till which time this mockery of power will go on. Bengal, it seems, has become the battle ground of vengeance, stuck between the age old egotistical battle for the the elixir of power. The Chair. The Utopian change that Bengal seeks are, surprisingly the most basic fundamental rights like the food for the hungry, education for the new and growing generation,jobs for the deserving, drinkable water for the thirsty(Yes that's quite a requirement in Bengal, if you think I am exaggerating). Instead it's the meeting, protests and rallies in the busiest links of Kolkata that is tuning glum with grey smoke from city of joy everyday. The mics disturb the ailing and the old, the re-routing makes it difficult for the  people, the crowd holds ambulances with the ill. And to top that the summer heat. Is this the change we want every day or is this the news we need every morning? It seems like it's not someone's decision to change something; rather the people, all of them need to think alike to change. Or should I say 'for paribartan'. 
Do let me know how was the article? comment on your opinions. Will be back tomorrow. Till then, happy reading...

No comments: