Friday 21 March 2014

Discussion:Books and Beyond....

My latest today.Do check out...

So this is what I thought about today's blog post. I keep  writing junk, doing shit and blabbering all nonsense  most of the time but the theme of my blog is something I don't stick to. I love reading, the travelogue or the history; the fictional thriller or the non-fiction journey I love them all. But I seldom get chance to write about it. And though I have quite a collection (I do take pride in it...) I guess I don't discuss about them very often. So here I am talking about one of the biggest love of my life. BOOKS..(Please don't make a nerd of me)

So I just finished reading one John Grisham books. Sycamore Row ; have anyone read it, it's his latest. Now I have read quite  number of books and am a loyalist. SO truly speaking I found it amazing. Blame me for being biased. And with him being a former lawyer, it certainly helps in research  as he is quite well acquainted with his details. Plus his genre..Courtroom thriller. I mean I love it.And this novel was all Grisham. The plot, which is by the way a sequel to his first novel, refers to a Seth Hubbard and why he leaves his estate and everything to his last minute companion, a help barring his own children. And hoe the lawyer,who is our protagonist, finds a way to deliver justice all in a courtroom. the twists, the well-sketched characters and most importantly the small nuances of law that he describes so well, makes you feel like a well versed. I dig John Grisham.

After I finished it, I was game for more thrillers,so I picked up from my inventory (yup..I said I'd brag) the next book that's quite well... different. The book now I am currently reading is The Cuckoo's Calling yes if you have read it, you know it. For those dwelling under the basement (just a saying...chill) the author of this book is printed as one Robert Galbraith, but it's just a pseudonym for J.K.Rowling. yes. I was apprehensive because I never read Potter, yeah not a big fan (please pardon me if you're a potter-maniac) and her other book The Casual Vacancy was just a big attempt to break the muggle-wizard barrier. But as I am proceeding, I am falling in love with the narrative and the description and the plot seem as of now quite edgy. Critics have already applauded this book and I am anxious to know more about Coromon Strike, the protagonist and the detective who has his own set of troubles to deal with in life. A war veteran, who is physically and mentally cut-back is given the charge to investigate the sudden death of a model. Let's see what twist and tales awaits me in the forthcoming pages...

And I guess after I finish this book I would have gone through pretty much all the main courses of thrillers so I have picked a quite sombre little dessert for me. Manuscript found in Accra; a Paulo Coelho. I have read some of his books before including The Alchemist and if previous experiences share anything this read is going to be a long one. So here's my Read-List currently I am going through. What about you?

Also this discussion comes at a very vital point of time;when we are mourning the fresh loss of the literary giant, Khuswant Singh. I haven't read any of his books but articles, oh! yes. And suffice to say, he has touched the hearts of all those people who have any remote connection to writing of any sort. RIP Mr. Singh. A writer lives with each word he pens and you are going to shine through your golden words of wisdom as long as the pen is considered mightier than the sword.

Until next time Guys...

No comments: