Monday 24 March 2014

For how long??!!!...

My latest today.Do check out...

Vote for this, vote for that, vote for your happiness, vote for your democracy, vote for your country, vote because its your right and all that non-sense. If you're living in India right now and like I don't about other states but West Bengal has really jammed my ears with the amount Beg to Vote campaigns it has lined up.There are vehicles glaring, Mics blaring and candidates snaring. All for the one thing we are supposed to think about deeply. Nope. There is nothing to think.But for how long?

And interestingly no one ever claims (or seldom does) what he or she has done for the locality he or she represents but all one or other claims is what the opposite party has not done. The tone of this election game isn't what we've done; which should be the main criteria for selecting the candidate rather the claims are what they are going to do once they are selected. Yeah, like people are just going to buy that.

But the trouble is that people do. People do give vote to a candidate without asking its credibility, without the work history and the development schedule. that is because everyone is biased and colored. No matter what the candidate does, he or she will always have the party people supporting him. That my dear friends, is something I don't conform. This brings us to that place where we can't say that a candidate is good or bad. People will automatically start judging whether I belong to that party or not. I mean what if I supported the theme the motto of that party but the recent developments might not have suited me. But that's not the case here; its like, once a lobby, always a lobby.

I received my voter ID card long ago. And I was supposed to cast my first vote on the great Paribartan election of West Bengal but I wasn't ready. And now that another election knocks its door (and the sound is really knocking me over) I am pressed by my family to cast it as it can cause citizenship problems ( I mean what the heck!!!) But since I gotta do what I gotta do I thought I am going to fill in for the NOTA. How many did think that way? How many of you my dear readers have thought that there isn't any credible person to vote for? Maybe I am stupid to think like that but when all your decisions are going to be a mistake,would you make no decision or (what the hell) pick any one?

 When the country you live in is run by people you can't trust; people who make promises that seldom come true.. Is it too much to ask how long? Or should I just go with the flow. Select a candidate, take a pic of the inked finger and post it on social networking sites just to be a part of the game? So many questions.. who has the ANSWERS... WHO NEEDS THE ANSWERS?

Until next time...

No comments: