Tuesday 25 June 2013

Smashed music on the FLOORS...

I guess it's not unheard of you...guess where???

My name is Sheila, my name is, my name is; Jalebi bai, my name is Chammak Chhallo; my name is, my name is, Tinku Jiya. (Horrible!!)

Ok those who are in for it are in for it and those who are not are totally fussy about it. And that crazy thing is I am in for it and still yet I am fussy about it. I mean I like it, it's cool (I mean it's a trend now, gotta be cool. Right?) but still I judge it because it doesn't make sense to me. Ok for those lost, let me explain...

The line from the song (you got that, right?)  I wrote at the top is actually a medley of songs a mixer popularly a DJ mixes and matches to create a different sound from the existing array of songs to create a spark i.e. it can be for special someone attribute with the best possible lines from the favourite persons or the most popular reason to create a heady mix of the latest blockbusters to make a hit mix all dance songs and music to make your head go spinning. The relative term used here is a mash-up. (As in mashed potato.. huh)

The songs are smashed and mixed with spices, other condiments and sab kuch achha dala to create the super fun bonanza. Well you wish. The first time I heard the mash up was the Valentine mash-up and it was new, fresh thing. And so a fun. Then came the2012 killer mash-up and I was like why?!!… but the DJs played it along and the dance floor grooved; it was ok till then. But all went hodge-podge after that when all the DJs took the responsibility of creating their own playlist and with David Guetta turning into  an artist showed the bright way. And as a result we have a new mash-up for every movie and it’s killing me and it’s not cool. While some are just parts of songs from a movie (s)mashed into each other; in other cases the DJs try to be rappers and add their own zing in between. And what we have is a heady mix of retarded beats and pungent sound mix. In total #fail.


I wish we stopped this nonsense. The remix was too much to take in when all the DJs tried to remix every song that released creating a head spin and now this. When some artist makes a song or as in any other art he or she knows and wishes that their art may be interpreted into different dimensions but just to be creative we cannot just use, use and use it so much that we actually abuse it. 

Right?

No comments: