Sunday 19 January 2014

Masquerade....

My latest today.Do check out...
A poetry piece on the act of covering up the real emotions of life; of the pretentious facet of our life...
Dedicated to all those who do so....

Even memories now, start to vanish;
Only faint shadows of you now play
In the mind; you have left me a while ago,
But the heart was for long away;
Just a cold face was there; to greet
Me/ in the morning with fake smiles.
Or was it just a pretentious mask,
I wonder how we walked all this miles.
Hand in hand, all we shared;
All a lie, everything you said…
I trusted you, or maybe the mask;
All my life was a masquerade.

I walk back, slowly turn;
To memory lane, I return.
I look back, all looks cursed;
Distance crossed, paths traversed.
I find myself, all sad and lost
Among the crowds, cheery faces host.
I realize the pain hidden;
I discover the mask again.
I see you coming, I am scared to fall
Past experiences, warnings call.
So I too put a mask on face;
Like a cold veil, expressions lost in maze.

 I used to think, why the world looked aloof?
But now being alive is a different state.
Hereafter I realize I was left out;

This whole world has been a masquerade.

Hope you connected with it..

Untill next time...

No comments: