Wednesday 19 June 2013

Tall tales of Woes....

If you were only one inch tall, you'd ride a worm to school.
The teardrop of a crying ant would be your swimming pool.
A crumb of cake would be a feast
And last you seven days at least,
A flea would be a frightening beast
If you were one inch tall.
One Inch Tall- Shell Silverstein

Yes I am tall. With a slender (Ok who am I flattering, it's lean) 6ft. 2inch height I am butt of jokes, puppet of attention and not mention the countless snide remarks about the fact that could have been my only positive achievement. Well more of a plus point than achievement but the main thing is, let's face it of all the things I have done (and failed in mostly) this was the only thing to look upto. Literally!!!

But all my dream was washed away like any thing with people just staring at me like am just out of zoo or something. (Now all the people feeling guilty while reading it...Darn you). And the poor me! they make it clear like... "Hi! can you come down a little to take it?" OR while clicking a pic with some one "Can you bend a little?" Or "Can you sit in the front?" It's just not done it I mean what... Also this is the frequently asked question from people enquiring about the effervescent height altogether trying ti be funny "Hi! did you drink lots of Complan in your childhood?"  And in the process they forget to be polite. I think I should have been the brand ambassador of a health drink. People have showed their resentment or mis-interest in this topic; if you will, by being direct like "Dude, don't walk beside me... I look short." like that's my fault and sometimes people try to be polite and subtle. It is then that they say to me "Boss. You are very tall." Subtle. Very subtle. I fall in a fix in such situation. Not only you're facing a ID situation (Izzat Down, silly) but you need to reply something and a nothing comes up very bright at that time. What am I supposed to come up with "Yeah I know." OR "What?!! Really???" So I just try to smile like am just smart and casual. And I think  I cut a cool picture like Channing Tatum or Henry Cavill but recently my mirror informed me it's looks more like a Tusshar Kappoor. 

Jokes aside I am pretty intimadated by the mere pointings of people and though I know they are intimadated too (Jealous, eh?) I tell people to keep it to themselves. after it's all in the genes but this height is pointless and unless you're succesfull in your endeavour it's nothing. As the saying goes
'You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.'
Abraham Lincoln
It's beyond repair so just cut it. After all I am not a girrafe, or bamboo or a building to stare neither from zoo or Mars. These are the things I have heard peole say at the back of me.(Only when I turn my back at them, and at my face if I don't) God knows what else more.

Ok that said and done have you guys looked at the new features added to my blog. You canread about the Roman and Greek mythologies quotes and feed the fishes by clicking in the box. It's fun they follow your pointer. And do take part in the poll. Let me know your views every one. And you can comment too.

So just keep reading.

No comments: