Friday 14 February 2014

Happy Valentine's blah..blah...blah..

My latest today.Do check out...

And the day of celebrating love, like it’s something special, has arrived and although it’s got nothing to do with St. Valentine; who by the way was named a Harlem globetrotter; let’s just say it Valentine’s Day. Don’t ask me why, because you don’t ask, when you celebrate Christmas, whether or not it’s Jesus’s legit birthday, do you now.
So here we are celebrating Valentine’s Day although, few would claim love to be eternal and every day is Valentine’s Day. But let’s cut the senile persons a slack and discuss the more pertinent question why do we? Are you asking the same question here? That means you too are a big bore like me who didn’t have a girl/boyfriend (I just generalised the term. For me its only girl; I swear) for life or a date for this day. Anyways, so here we are dissing those blissed in love, lets God Grace be upon us. But, if you could, just remind me why again the world is engaging in this ritualistic behaviour; I mean when some parts of the world is heavily under water, in another part millions of people sleep hungry the world wakes up for a bright red day.

And if I am not wrong, this is the biggest celebration of any of the hormonal secretion among the thousands of secretions that our body produces. Just a skipped beat and thousands of roses get plucked and millions of money goes haywire in the form of cards, chocolates or other goodies. My point is, is there really a point? I literally don’t get. Yeah, if you’ve not left before this point and continuing with my thought and also not inducted me into a hate club member then thank you. But it’s just that I don’t think a day can really be so over-hyped just because it is associated with an act that in the most basic form of it is the secretion of DOPAMINE. The same hormone that is released when we eat chocolates, listen to music and in few persons cases do drugs. I mean if someday I too have a girlfriend (and the prospects gets bleak with each passing day) I too would love her (that didn’t sound good did they!!!) But sorry, I won’t be able to indulge in a full-fledged ceremonial celebration of this day. Call me unromantic but I think I am realist.

But if you’ve plans today go ahead, no don’t think about what this lonely, only half-senile person just blurted in his blog cause love is in the air (and so are millions of germs and bacterias; but who cares) Happy valentine’s Day.


Until next time…

No comments: