Monday 17 February 2014

An afternoon at Spur

My latest today.Do check out...

Hi guys hope you liked my pevious blog post ; my first hindi post. So this one is close to my heart even more because it's about my home-town Jalpaiguri. A very calm town in North Bengal with serene atmosphere where I grew up. So the poetry piece is based on the spur or the bund at the outer side of the town that is lined by the river Karala. Hope you like it. It's also my first photo post; All the images are taken by me on my cam-cell.Ain't pretty good, but workable. So here we go...



An afternoon at Spur


I sat rested at the old banyan tree,
Perched atop the stone strapped bund;
The winds caressing my hair, as it
Passed; the leaves rustled above.

As the sun in front of me, kissed the horizon,
Painted yellow with streaks of red, the sky.
The languid Karala, as though the sun melt;
Glistened like liquid gold, as it passed by.

Wetting the rocks as it strutted on them,
Landed few drops of shivers on my feet.
Like the egrets flying above to abode unknown,
Of unknown places, hidden secrets lie deep.

Far away few children laugh and play,
As household chores keeps their mother at bay;
The evening befalls on the faraway bridge,
Before my eyes, as nature calls it a day.

 So that's it. Hope you like my kala-curry of photo and words... Just keep reading..

Untill next time...

No comments: