Thursday 15 August 2013

Independence, India and I....

My latest today.Do check out...

First of all let me wish you a very Happy Independence to you all. Today is the Indian Independence Day. We are celebrating the 67th year of Independence and I am really proud of it.  But a commoner inside me pokes me to my very core with doubts tat I swear by, wouldn't make me any less Indian that I am. I am just curious. I am a free India. But am I truly Independent.

I wake up in the morning, see flags are getting ready to be hoisted and unfurled; photos of great men garlanded and decks playing the patriotic songs. Sweet. but wait... the sick woman, the elderly grandfather who has a high BP or the kid is getting a earful. But can they complain, nope maybe because they have to live in the same area and the local club is not without the muscles and also maybe, MAYBE, the local councilor is a chief guest. So let's forget.

Democracy is not something we chance upon everyday. Although I see people are democratic, I sense a loads of crap in that.  Many people take their voting abilities for democracy, crafted and without much choice as much it is, the voting is just a part of it. We cannot raise a question against a local administrator, a court moves a case filed against a convict, big or small in a very small pace that would put a snail to shame.We get cheated everyday and on basic amenities like auto-rickshaw fare to FMCGs. And hey in turn are fooled by the top order and it's a chain. I see colleges and schools being trundled under the heave of politics, the mere fact that education cannot rule in an educational institute bugs me off.

Then there is the whole lot of fiasco over this being women thing. I mean women were harassed from what, the SATYAYUG, like times and beyond. But now it seems men are trying to be more men than they actually are. Comments to likes to poking and then some actions that really need some deactivate button and deserve a hashtag; it's like social networking made us a whole bunch of nincompoops. Why? Why? If a girl is afraid to come out after a certain hour of the day, if a girl is afraid to go o a certain place that means her Independence is hindered. That makes us , a bountiful citizen of a resourceful nation a failure, zero. And that makes my Independence deprived. It is scoured. Be it anyone from France being harassed at Kolkata or a girl being violated at Delhi. It makes me  less. makes me un-man-ly. I got that right... right?



I mean you can possibly say that no one is without problems and that there are far bigger problems, why don't I shit on that. But the fact is that I would say that being a common man I feel this problem everyday inspite of having a tumblers of personal problems and unfulfilled desires and I don't think that I can say anymore that I want. I don't think I can paint the picture that I wish. No one is ready to offer me that canvas. I cannot shout. I cannot make decisions without being judged and cannot help myself from being judged if I am not making them. I cannot grow up with my knowledge because I am expected to grow up as the others in this holy planet has done. And I can't be a failure and receive that easily all though I say it easily that "FAILURES ARE THE PILLARS OF...wait what?!!!" No that's bull shit.  I don't feel I belongs to Independence. It should be WE-NDIPENDENCE since I cannot make my decisions by we, the people in power make our destiny and wraps our fate. You need to buy a plot of land, donate money to the club. Buying a flat, give money. Your business did good this year, pay the local goon. Else you're a dead meat.

I guess I have freaked you up enough but the fact is we are celebrating something that we achieved 66 years ago and that is of no true importance or self-sustenance ideology. It doesn't exist and I don't see myself a part of this. Maybe after tis I maybe cancelled my citizenship and deported to Guantanamo Bay for my life.  I guess noot a good day for I-Day enthusiasts; but trust me I too like this celebration. but just that, it requires a brush up, according to me. And It is not because India is  a third world clinker. The Rubies and diamonds of first world lobotomies ear also vague on it.

Happy Reading. And Happy Independence once again...

No comments: