Wednesday 31 July 2013

Season Of Suspenses... Grisham tales

My latest today.Do check out...

Ok So the rains are dripping like anything and it seems that the sky is melting like butter on a hot pan (So bad at giving examples); but anyways on this time like any homo sapiens (that's human for all who thought I was talking dirty) I too feel different at this time of the year. Being a movie buff and an avid foodie it is my time to gorge on the delicacy that adorns the streets of Kolkata. The bhajis and telebhajas, pakoras and everything good. The movies are actually making a splash at the box office and it is like heaven to bite sip and indulge in the extravaganza when the sky is splashing the whole city tip-top wet. But there is another thing that comes along with the rainy season.

It is the thrillers. The suspense reads that i have been hooked top for ages. From my childhood times I have been a novel junkie and during the rainy seasons I would curl up on the bed with a  nice suspense thriller and that would make my day. The rains bring back all kind s of memories but this is still strong because of my interest on reading novels not fading or inching a tip towards lessening.

Recently I read The Rackteer by John Grisham and boy was I thrilled. It's not like it's my first Grisham or anything. The confessions was the first of his novel that I read and trust me, I was pretty much knocked off by the socks. Yeah. and with The Racketeer it's no less. The plot is engaging and involves, like any other JG novels, ample court room drama and legal cross reference. Grisham, being himself a former an advocate and a lawyer  nevertheless keeps the things strong and to the point and more importantly accurate. The edgier dialogues, the twist; be it the letter after Bannister wrtes after getting out of the jail or the way he captures the gold huggets are truly worth reading; a must read if I may. And the character so leyered, Grisham clearly knocks it off. The story starts with  murder of Judge Fawcett and soon takes a bizzare turn where our protagonist is sent o the jail for a tax fraud, just that it wasn't his fault and the fraud was not of tax or anything like that. But the story is remarkable, the locales visited and escribed are truly capturing but it is the by-lanes of suspense and thrill that turns the pages quickly. Give it a shot if you haven't. There's FBI, a plastic surgery, family drama and lots of money involved. Just like good ol' Grisham. Ain't it matey!!!!

Happy reading 

No comments: