Thursday 18 July 2013

POTPOURRI OF THOUGHTS......

My latest today.Do check out...

  Rain rain.... the sky wept times and again today and although it was supposed to be a shower of happiness it is not for me today...certainly not a reason to enjoy. For several reason. The roads are clogging, the autos and buses spilling the water to the pedestrians (actually me. Who gives anything about anyone else when my kameez is dirty.) The feet gets crappy and traffic is nothing but worse. But these are not the main reason that stole the cheer from the shower. I thought I would talk today about the books I have read. It occurred to me that although I have said I would discuss books especially novel, and I being a voracious reader, its truly surprising I never talked about it. Of course I will come back to the REASON but let me give a brief about the books  I recently read.

  From my recent reads there is Sir Archer's The sins of the Father, which is the second book of the five book series The Clifton Chronicles.The second book is equally tantalizing and if I haven't mentioned my all previous book reading experience were blown away when I read Only Time will Tell.The first book of the series was also the first book of Sir Archer that I read. And was floored by the narrative skills. My salutes. Anyways moving on, The Rackeeter was the next. This suspense legal thriller was a grilling if not gritty read laden with Grisham signature and as usual a quick page turner. I finished it in 3 hours flat. He always charms me with his research and the presentation. I am looking forward to the next books of these authors. Do catch these if you haven't. Simply mind blowing.

  And now the reason. Recently an incident took place at the Jodhpur Park area of Kolkata. If yiou haven't heard about it then it is actually, two tourist a male and a female were chased by bikers who literally want to outrage the modesty of the woman. They hurled abuse and threw bricks and the tourists had to run around the area and the male counterpart had to take life risk to save the life of the woman before seeking refuge in the nearby apartment. The tourists were actually workers of Francaise Du Bengale and the rowdies were a known faces in the neighbor hood who ran errands. Truly unbelievable. The lady cut short her Kolkata stint and went back amidst protests.  There are several other news to break hearts, everyday there is, among Children killed for faulty mid-day meal cooked at a primary school and unrest leading to deaths regarding contesting for Panchayat election. But particularly this one grabbed my attention because after all things tried and tested by the government it comes down to this. Atithi Devo Bhava...

Happy Reading.....

No comments: